Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Maybelline BB cream and Fit me Stick review

Hey Beauties,

So today i will be reviewing the Maybelline BB cream in Light for Oily Skin and the Fit me Stick in 115. I brought both of these products in the Chemist Warehouse 50% off Maybelline products promotion as i had been lusting after both of these for ages! So keep reading if you wanna find out my thoughts on these two products 


Maybelline BB cream in Light and Fit me Stick in 115
BB Cream for Oily skin:
Ive always wanted to try a BB cream, my mother raves about them and so does everyone else but i was always kind of hesitant as i like more coverage than a BB cream offers. That being said i still went ahead and brought this because i thought 'if i don't like it mum can have it' which i often do with makeup i don't like instead of me just throwing it away. Ive only used this a couple of times and it does provide reasonable coverage but its definitely not full coverage. It says it provides 2% Saylic  acid which is to keep the oil at bay, but i find it kind of dries my face out. I don't have bad oily skin bot compared to when i was 15 but it still has the chance of getting oily every now and then. I wore this BB cream today actually and it hasn't lasted all day and in fact its kind of separated on my skin. I think this would be good for those lazy days or days you don't feel like wearing makeup but need to look somewhat presentable. Im definitely not in love with it but i don't hate it either, I'm going to keep playing with it using different primers etc.

Fit Me Stick:
As soon as i heard 'anti shine' i was sold on this product! It has an anti shine core which is supposed to keep shine at bay all day. I find it actually dries my skin out and makes it look really dry on my forehead and nose which is weird because i don't have dry skin at all. I also find this product difficult to blend as its not as easy and convenient as a liquid foundation were you just pump and go. Ive tried buffing this in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I've also tried using my fingers, both times i found it immensely hard to blend and work with. The colour is actually perfect for my skin, i don't think I've ever found a foundation that matches my skin perfectly but this one does, which is why I'm a little disappointed its so hard to work with. Im going to try blend it with my Beauty Blender when it arrives and I'm also going to try play with a silicone based primer so hopefully it won't make my skin look so dry!

That is all for tonight, i hope you enjoyed my review and don't forget to follow my instagram @makeupbyclairehull

Love Claire
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment