Sunday, May 4, 2014

Holy Grail Makeup Products

Hey beauties!

So I figured as my first official blog post i should share with you some of my must have makeup products. Some of these products are either fairly new to the holy grail status or have been my holy grail products for ages! Ill be keeping this short and sweet because lets be honest I'm sure holy grail products has been way over done! Read on to see what my HG products are!



From L-R, Top to Bottom; L'oreal True Match in Vanilla, Benefit POREfessional,
Benefit Brows a-go-go, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20,
Australis Fresh and Flawless Face Powder in Darkest Brown,
Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Light and Benefit Hoola Bronzer.


1. L'oreal True Match Foundation in Vanilla:
This foundation is just everything you want in a foundation and more. Its without doubt a cult favourite of many beauty bloggers and youtube sensations (Lauren Curtis this ones for you) so when i purchased this i was eager to try it and see if it lived up to its expectations. Lets just say it fulfilled all my foundation dreams, it has amazing coverage and leaves you looking flawless and better yet it stays on all day without oxidising which is a big thing! I could go on about this foundation forever but i think you get the point.

2. Benefit POREfessional:
If you are anything like me and have been 'blessed' with big pores this primer is a godsend. I first tried it out when i got a deluxe sample in one of the sets Benefit brings out over christmas and before i even finished the sample I had already ordered a full sized tube off Benefits website. It visibly reduces the size of your pores and leaves your face with a silky kind of feeling to it. Sometimes i squeeze too much out or don't pat it into my pores properly and i get upset because i feel like its too expensive for an all over primer, i think its somewhere around 50AUD for a full sized tube, but i definitely recommend it 

3. Benefit Brows a-go-go:
This lil baby fell into my hands at the beginning of last year when I was in melbourne and i went to the MAC counter in Bourke St Myers and i stood there for 20 minutes without being served and looked down upon so needless to say that probably was the fate because then i saw Benefit and the lady that served me was so bubbly and amazing and she introduced me to this product and wow, i can imagine life without it! It has two eyebrow colours, one light and one dark brown, a pomade in dark brown, a powder highlighter, cream highlighter, eyeliner, eyebrow brush and tweezers all in this neat little package. Ive recently hit pan in the powders and the pomade ran out ages ago but this will always be a HG product for me!

4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20:
I haven't had this for long but it is yet another raved about product by nearly everyone and I'm glad i finally caved and brought it. Although this is the second tube I've had in less than a month after my first one met its fate a week after i brought it when it smashed on my tiles. Needless to say after using it and then having to stop using it until i could afford to buy another one it made me realise how good this concealer is. It stays on all day without creasing, smudging or rubbing off which i love because I've somehow been blessed with the bad european genetics and only inherited massive dark circles under my eyes, so shout out to this concealer for helping me look somewhat normal.

5. Australis Fresh and Flawless Face Powder in Darkest Brown:
Ive raved about this numerous times so i don't think i really need to say much more other than Australis isn't lying when it says 'Fresh and Flawless' because this powder really does make you look flawless. Darkest Brown is for when i tan and i also have Deep Natural for when I'm not tan.

6. Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Light:
I think this was probably the first real face powder i ever brought. I have been using this product since i was about 15/16 and it is simply amazing! i have gotten my mum and my sister also hooked on this product. It lasts forever and its not too pricey (I think 40AUD) and it leaves a flawless finish over your foundation or even to wear it alone. I will always love this powder

7. Benefit Hoola Bronzer:
Can you guess what my favourite brand is?? If you guess Benefit then you're correct! This bronzer is amazing, its a little sample i got in one of the christmas kits and i use it daily and its not even close to running out anytime soon. Its a matter bronzer which is perfect for contouring and the colour itself is an amazing bronze that doesn't look too fake or orange or even worse muddy! I will definitely be purchasing this again as soon as this little sample hits pan, i couldn't imagine life without it!

So that is all my beauties, feel free to leave a comment below letting me know what you would like me to blog next. Have a good day xx

1 comment:

  1. Australis fresh and flawless powder!!! Wish I could find a loreal true match shade to match me!! Gorgeous photo! X

    ReplyDelete